Monday, July 14, 2008

Jon's B-day is on July 22nd

This blog was created so that all of Jon's friends, clients and family could wish him a very happy birthday! We all know he is a great guy and is always there to provide good wishes, comfort and support or a story and a laugh! Please join me in wishing Jon a VERY happy birthday! Let's just hope he doesn't get upset with me for letting you all know his age...

66 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jon! Hope the next half century is just as fabulous as the first :) Take care!

Erik Moulton

Friends said...

Happy happy birthday! What a little cutie you were! Enjoy yourself and best wishes for many more happy birthdays to come.

Stacey Mote

Friends said...

Jon,
I especially love the tourist outfit with the lovely black socks in the "going on vacation" picture! I wish you a very happy 50th birthday! You're a wonderful person and I'm fortunate to have you for a colleague and a friend!
Nancy Mailhot

Unknown said...

Dear Jon,

I just knew it. The great leadership qualities you demostrate today - were in your skin and bone presentation as a youngster. In your pictures, you had that air of "I know I am going to be Somebody". And so you are. My sincerest wishes for a wonderful Birthday to you Jon. You are such a positive and valuable colleage. I just love working with you. Joy Thornhill

Friends said...

Dearest Jon--
How nifty that you're fifty. I hope you like this message gifty! In the years that we've known each other you have been my friend, confident, colleague, champion and sounding board and I'm so grateful. I always look forward our medicinal wine (and whine) times and love sharing the gossip with you! So, my dear friend - HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And those pictures! Oh my!

Love ya, Nancy McGinnis

Friends said...

Jon

I would easily have believed you were turning 40 instead! May you always look (and feel and act) as young, healthy and happy as you are now!

Maggie Einhaus - Michigan office

Friends said...

Jon, congratulations on the big Five O. Thanks for catching up to me, and what took you so long? Seriously, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Getting to know you has been one of the many great benefits for me of joining Watson Wyatt. Have a wonderful day!

Kirby

Unknown said...

Helmke here...you're a unique and special person, Mr. John. Creative and passionate about client relationships...the best I've ever seem!

Happy Half-century...the best is yet to come!!

Larry Helmke

Friends said...

Happy Birthday, Jon. This will be a memorable one. You now qualify for discounts at McDonalds and Denny's.

Leo Elias

Friends said...

Happy Birthday Jon!!!

Wishing you all the best!!! Hopefully, this year, you will be able to find your shoes!!!

By the way, this is really the start of your 51st year of life…how does that feel?


Diane G.

Friends said...

Once a cutie, always a cutie! ...guess I didn't realize just how close we are in age! The Members Only jacket is telling...definitely a good look reflective of the time. I read somewhere they are trying to bring those back...can you imagine? Did you have Famolares to match? Hope you enjoy your 50th as well as each and every year to follow...All my best! TJ

Friends said...

Happy Birthday Jon! Congratulations on hitting the big 5-0! It has been a pleasure working with you over the years. I appreciate your sincerity and dedication as a colleague and friend. You truly have made a difference in my life – thank you! And by the way… sweet Huey Lewis and the News shirt!

Andi Zolkiewski

Friends said...

Happy Birthday, Jon. Here's wishing you that the first 50 was just a warm-up for the next 50.

David Kershner

Friends said...

Jon, Happy Birthday, here is a useful link you can join now that you are 50! You can save on travel, health, home and more! www.Join.AARP.org. Have fun and remember 50 is just a number!

Lynette

Friends said...

Jon,

It's hard to believe that so much time has elapsed since you first joined Wyatt! This milestone is an opportune time to reflect on the many accomplishments of the past as well as to anticipate many more successes in the future. Happy birthday! Congratulations on the great successes you helped create! Here's looking forward to many more great achievements in the future.

Your friend and associate,

Ken

Friends said...

Happy birthday big guy, 50 and still going strong, keep on truckin'!

Jesse Knight

Unknown said...

Wow! I would have guessed between 41 or 42 - though I hear 50 is great! You're a wonderful person and I hope you have more than a wonderful day!

Happy Birthday!

Bizhan

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Juan Samuel-san! May you have an even more prosperous second fitty...Greg P.S. Please educate Helmke that the name is Jon, J-O-N!!!

Friends said...

Happy 5-0 Jon!

Despite this momentous chronological achievement, you have our permission to keep behaving with youthful enthusiasm and energy that many half your age would be lucky to have. Tell AARP that you're declining their membership invitation ;-)

-- Don Gallo

Friends said...

Jon - it only hurts for a few months. I do recommend AARP - it's a great deal!

Lee Morgan

Friends said...

Jon,

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a successful and rewarding year, by your terms.

Ralph

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jon!! No matter what everyone else says, you don't look a day over 62. Have a great one and maybe you should start acting your age.

-Phil Allen

Friends said...

You can take the boy out of the midwest, but you can't.... take him to the beach without giving him a tiny umbrella! Here's toasting your 50th and may you find the second half as wonderful as I have.

PS I always knew you were going to be wildly successful as you climbed the ladder - enthusiasm always carries the day!

Gary Petersen

Anonymous said...

Hey Birthday Boy. I am crashing your blogging party. I was not invited to send my salutations, but the word got out and I couldn't resist sending you my good wishes.

You are simply the best and I hope you have a day worthy of your wonderfulness.

Terri

Friends said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Jon!! Oh, to be 50 again- you have the best in front of you. Thanks for being a friend- I always laugh and laugh with you. There are always stories to be told too.

Love the pics- I'd have picked you out anywhere!
Vicki Weber

Anonymous said...

Jon,
Oh my...Everyone is so nice to you. You must be paying them but you are not paying me! You look great for 60! Oh and love the hair;) xoxo Sheri

Unknown said...

Uncle Jon,

Feliz cumpleanos!! You've been my favorite uncle for the past 17 years. You always brighten my day :)

Love,

Erin

Friends said...

Jon,

Greetings from "The Burgh"! Happy FIVE-O. They say the first 50 are the hardest. Don't worry, it's all down hill from here...literally. Now that you qualify for "Wise Old Sage" status, you can start charging for advice (oh wait, you already do)!

We are sad we are going to miss our traditional birthday dinner. Have a Margarita for us. We'll do the same for you. See you at Christmas.

Jan & Paul Sagnella

Friends said...

Jon:

While I am not good at writing cutsey, funny messages, I do want to wish you a very happy birthday and best wishes for many, many more! Thanks for your friendship and being with me this last year. Your sincere friendship and concern has been most greatful to me.

Look forward to working and sharing our friendship with you during your 50th and 51st and many many years to come.

Many Happy Birthdays and wishing you the best this year.

Judy Fahey

Friends said...

Jon,
I hope you have a terrific birthday. I can't wait to see the next 50 years of fabulous hair styles from you. I especially like the 80's.

Michelle Osterwise

Friends said...

Wow - it appears that infectious smile has been with you since birth!
Don't worry, Jon, turning 50 is a piece of cake, but since it is more challenging to keep the pounds off after 50, you probably shouldn't eat that cake :-) haha.
Celebrate the day you were born - we certainly do!
Paulette

frank said...

Jon,

Good now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!

Frank

Unknown said...

Jon,

Pink flamingos in the front yard for the 40th birthday. Surprise blogs for the 50th. What's next??

You're the best brother ever. I love you!

Carol

Friends said...

We know you as a good friend, a thoughtful manager, a nurturing person, and a kind gentle man. What traits are you going to develop in your second half of your life? Hope a bigger flock of flamingos doesn't land on your lawn on the 22nd!

Love,

Mr. A. and Lin

Friends said...

Fiddy? Ya sure?? If so, I have enjoyed your humor, insight, caring and overall friendship since you were bout thirddy! Make the next fiddy just as great. Happy Day, celebrate ur-self too!
Love,
Jeff

Friends said...

My Brother,

When Watson Wyatt employees comment: "I love working here because of the people," you are exactly the person they have in mind. Everyone's job is a little bit better, a little more joyful and a lot more fun when you're part of the project.

May your next 50 years be filled with wonderful health, wealth, love and happiness.

Hugs,
Gail

Friends said...

Happy 50th B-Day Jon!
Many more to come. Best wishes!

Mary Bernath

Friends said...

Happy Birthday Jon! I wish you many happy years to come. It has been a true pleasure to be able to work with you and look forward to many great years to come!

Brookelynn Williams

Guy Grantham said...

Roses are red
and violets are blue
but neither will live
as long as you! :)

Have a great 50th Jon!

Friends said...

You can't possibly be 50...say it ain't so! I know there is no crying in baseball does that rule apply to bloging about birthdays. 50 is a state of mind and if your mind is not cooperating have a few strong drinks and you'll feel better. Happy Birthday to the best boss ever.

Lynn

Friends said...

Hi Jon,

How is "he". She wants to wish you the very best on this big day! You have a heart of gold and a smile that lights the room. It has been a pleasure to work with you and to be a part of your life.

Happy Birthday!

Andrea Fiock

Friends said...

Just so you know, I had NOTHING to do with the pictures.....I value our friendship too much! :) Hope you have a terrific birthday!

"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.” Winnie the Pooh ...& Sandy Cowie

Friends said...

You are still as handsome and wonderful as you were in college! Happy birthday, dear friend! Love Wayne and Cindy

Friends said...

Jon,

Wishing you a wonderful 50th Birthday. French Martini's at Cafe Boa on me. By the way, love the photos!

All the best,
Carol Lindsay

Friends said...

Hi Jon,

Happy 50th Birthday. You were a very good hire so long ago.

What you have accomplished during your Watson Wyatt career is a result of your enthusiasm and, more importantly, your people skills. Your respect and appreciation of your fellow employees and clients separate you from the pack.

Again, Happy Birthday.

David Goodell

Unknown said...

Jon - Happy Birthday! Wish I was there to celebrate with you and the Phoenix team. Cheers to the next 50!

Teresa Wolownik

P.S. - please will you wear the Duran Duran outfit next time I'm in town?

jwg2277 said...

Happy 50th Birthday, Jon! Have a fantastic year and many more!

-Jay Gerra-

Friends said...

Jon,
I hope this year is the best one yet! Happy, happy birthday!

Mollie Stolzenbach

Friends said...

Jon,

You haven't changed a bit...except for better choices in fashion and haircuts of course! Have a wonderful day and enjoy all the fuss being made for you - you deserve it all!

Thank you for being a great friend and mentor to me over the years. Next time I'm in Phoenix a belated b-day marg on me!

-Kimerle

Friends said...

Jon, wish I was there to lead the Chorus in singing HB!
Best Wishes and let me know if U ever want to go back to Taos or PVR.

JHGJET

Michelle Taylor said...

Jon -

I wish you a very happy birthday and that you enjoy this blog, your birthday wishes and the fun stuff at the office! I wanted to do something truly unique and fun ~ like you! Here's to the next 50! I hope we are both retired and truly old and "crochety" by then!

Your favorite blogger -

Michelle Taylor

Lyman said...

Jon,

Here I thought it was just another 29. Thanks for your hard work, example, attention to detail, listening ear, and your friendship. Good luck getting back to 29 next year.

Lyman Edwards

Friends said...

Jon
Hope you have a wonderful Birthday!
Here is to many more!
-kevin d

Nice Pictures !

Friends said...

Happy Birthday Jon! I enjoyed the pictures of you that Michelle posted. We will have to get together and celebrate this remarkable milestone in your age!

Sharon Barnes

babuckeye said...

John, you did a great job keeping your age a secret (until now)! I never would have guessed you were turning 50 this year. It looks like your friends in Phoenix needed an excuse to post those fabulous photos! Were you a model in the old JCPenny catalog? Where are the disco shots? Well, I'll perpetuate the age 39 story here in San Francisco; it won't be hard for people to believe you are 39 because you look younger than me! Cheers, ~Bill R

Friends said...

Happy Birthday Jon!

Look at this. Jon has a blog!! Maybe you can start a second career in IT when you're 60! Ha!!

Best wishes!

Tom Walker

Friends said...

Jon

Happy 50. Now you can get that time share in Sun City that you've always wanted. May your day be filled with target market opporunities.

Dan Stanley

Friends said...

Happy 50th Jon! You're like a fine wine - you improve with age, altho you started off as a very cute kid, just those in-between years give rise to smiles. Best wishes for a fun day, an even better decade, and a terrific 2nd half of life! Enjoy every day, especially this one.

Linda Lewis

Unknown said...

Happy B-Day big guy! I hope I think as young as you do when I'm as old as you are! Kisses! --Scotty

Friends said...

Happy Birthday, Jon!
You are one of a kind and I feel lucky to be working with you and even luckier to have you as a friend.

Here's to the next 50!
Stephanie White

Friends said...

Happy Birthday my Friend;
Wishing you a fabulous 50th and many, many more!!

You are the absolute best!
~Linda Hayes

p.s. Did you know that you're the same age as the Jolly Green Giant??

Friends said...

Happy Birthday, Jon! A half century? That just can't be possible! All the best to you today and always!

Nancy DeCarlo

Friends said...

Jon,
Enjoyed the pictures! Happy 50 - I've appreciated knowing you these past 8 years.

Chris Martinez

Friends said...

Jon – you are a very unique person and I have enjoyed getting to know you better over the past couple of years. I hope you have a very happy birthday filled with lots of warm thoughts and plenty of sunshine. Remember, age is relative. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Cynthia

Friends said...

Happy Birthday Jon! No flamingos this time around (bet you were extremely happy about that). Being 50 isn't bad at all, so enjoy this year and every year to follow... just continue to think young!

Happy Day!
Anita B.

Friends said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope the next 50 rock!

Liz Satriano

Had to have been in the early 80s!

Had to have been in the early 80s!

Nice hairdo!

Nice hairdo!

All suited up!

All suited up!

Nice shirt

Nice shirt

Can you believe a MOUSTACHE??

Can you believe a MOUSTACHE??

Birthday wishes

Birthday wishes

Time for a Vacation!

Time for a Vacation!

Just chillin at the beach

Just chillin at the beach

Aloha!

Aloha!